If the 2016 Presidential campaign didn’t seem long enough for you — or if you can’t wait for the 2020 campaign to begin — fret not! Next Wednesday January 18, free service go90 will launch a six-episode sitcom about reporters on the Presidential campaign trail. Titled Embeds, the series focuses on the “raucous adventures, cringe-worthy slip-ups, and intense bonds” of five recent college graduates covering a fictional Presidential campaign for various national news organizations.
go90 says the show is “inspired by true events,” since it’s co-created by Scott Conroy and Peter Hamby, who met while covering the 2008 campaigns of Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin for CBS and CNN respectively. Hamby is now head of news at Snapchat where he hosts the political show Good Luck America. Conroy’s latest book, Vote First or Die, about the New Hampshire primary, is scheduled to be published in April.
We should also mention that cable news superstar and author Megyn Kelly, who knows a bit about Presidential campaigns herself, is one of Embeds’ executive producers. Another is Michael De Luca, who has had three movies nominated for Best Picture Oscars (The Social Network, Moneyball, Captain Phillips).
Here’s the teaser for Embeds:
(Note: Our featured image is a screen shot from the YouTube video above.)
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021