Amazon has greenlighted a third season of The Man in the High Castle, the drama series based on Philip K. Dick’s 1962 story about a dystopic alternate universe in which Germany and Japan have won World War II and jointly occupy the United States.
Eric Overmyer, executive producer for Bosch, another Amazon original, as well as The Affair, Boardwalk Empire and Treme, takes over as showrunner and will serve as executive producer. Frank Spotnitz departed as showrunner in May 2016, while Season 2 was in production.
“Eric and his team are doing an incredible job crafting stories about the inner lives of those who struggle to do good in a world that is not. We couldn’t be more excited to bring season three to customers in 2017,” said Joe Lewis, Head of Comedy and Drama, Amazon Studios.
The Man in the High Castle, which stars Alexa Davalos, Rupert Evans, Luke Kleintank, DJ Qualls, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa and Rufus Sewell, imagines a world in which “Germany controls much of the East Coast and Japan controls the West Coast, the Rocky Mountains have become a ‘neutral zone’—and ground zero for a resistance, led by a mysterious figure known only as ‘the Man in the High Castle’… (A)fter a series of enigmatic films surface depicting a world vastly different from their own, some begin to question the very nature of their reality.”
For a list of compatible devices, visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
Here’s a promo for Season 3:
- Father & Son Serial Killers? - May 17, 2021
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021