Gleason, an Amazon Studios documentary about New Orleans Saints defensive-back Steve Gleason’s life-affirming response to an ALS diagnosis, will premiere on Amazon Prime on Thursday, December 29.
The film, nominated for five Broadcast Film Critic’s Awards and included among The National Board of Review’s top five documentaries of the year, shows Gleason handling the revelation that he has ALS at 34. Learning that “his wife Michel is pregnant with their first child, Gleason is “determined to live his remaining years to their fullest,” taking an expedition to Alaska, establishing a foundation to help others with ALS, and repairing “a rocky relationship with his father.”
Gleason’s soundtrack features songs from Pearl Jam – “Given to Fly” and “Just Breathe” – as well as two tracks Gleason wrote, “Space In Between” and “Her Again.” Gleason also curated a playlist of favorites for streaming exclusively on both Amazon Music Unlimited and Prime Music.
The film was “Certified Fresh” on Rotten Tomatoes with a 96% Fresh rating.
To subscribe, visit amazon.com/prime.
For a list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
Here’s the official trailer:
(Note: Our featured image of ‘Gleason’ was obtained through a screen grab from YouTube.)
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021