Netflix tomorrow (December 23) will release its largest series launch ever – 26 half-hour episodes of the animated “epic saga” Trollhunters. The Dreamworks show was created by Mexican filmmaker Guillermo del Toro (Pacific Rim, Pan’s Labyrinth).
Promoting Trollhunters for 13 hours of family viewing during the “dozens of hours of unstructured time to fill until kids head back to school,” Netflix promises that “parent and child alike will find themselves cheering on an unlikely yet lovable hero.” That hero is an ordinary teenager who needs to save both humans and trolls when their worlds collide.
Voices are provided by such actors as Kelsey Grammer, Ron Perlman and the late Anton Yelchin.
Netflix continues: “Trollhunters will tug at all the right heartstrings as families curl up and plunge headlong into a fantastical tale of astonishing creatures, secret civilizations and powerful villains bent on revenge.”
Netflix subscribers can go to the service’s Trollhunters page to watch (and non-subscribers can go to the same page to start or renew their subscriptions).
Here’s the official trailer:
(Note: our featured image is a screen grab from the above video)
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021