More good news for American fans of British television.
UK broadcasters BBC Worldwide and ITV will introduce BritBox, an ad-free subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service to the US in the first quarter of 2017. AMC Networks, which has a joint venture with BBC Worldwide in BBC America, is investing in BritBox.
BritBox will offer classic BBC and ITV series such as Brideshead Revisited, Pride and Prejudice, Upstairs Downstairs, State of Play, Inspector Morse, Rosemary and Thyme, Keeping Up Appearances and Fawlty Towers. The service also promises the premiere of dramas never shown in the US, including novelist Anthony Horowitz’s New Blood, Tutankhamun, The Moonstone and In the Dark. Dramas Cold Feet and Silent Witness will have season debuts.
“BritBox will be the best and most comprehensive British streaming service in the US; a rich catalogue of classic, new, and exclusive shows easily accessible to US viewers all in one place,” said Simon Pitts, ITV managing director of online, pay TV and interactive.
BritBox will be accessible via computer, mobile devices, Roku, AppleTV, and Chromecast. Pricing and other information will be announced at launch. Viewers who want to be alerted when BritBox goes live can submit their contact information at BritBox.com.
Last week Acorn TV announced new favorites from the commonwealth that will premiere this January.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021