Music artist Darius Rucker will host the second season of documentary series Reel South on World Channel in 2017.
Doubling its episode count to 12 for the new season, Reel South will premiere a new one-hour show each Sunday night at 9 pm ET on January 8 through March 5. The lineup includes:
- Soul City, a look back at the rise and fall of a utopian community in 1970s North Carolina
- Deep Run, also filmed in North Carolina, about a young transgender Christian trying to find his place in the church
- Shake ’Em On Down: The Blues According to Fred McDowell, a portrait of the influential Mississippi bluesman
- Overburden, “the story of two unforgettable women from West Virginia coal country who find common ground across the divide that separates them”
- The Exceptionally Extraordinary Emporium, “a visit to the epicenter of the costuming community in New Orleans.”
You can find a list of all 12 episodes, plus three full episodes from season one, at South Carolina ETV, which produces the series in collaboration with UNC-TV and the Southern Documentary Fund.
To find your local World Channel station, go to www.worldchannel.org and click the “Set Station” tab. All films will also be available for streaming on ReelSouth.org and WorldChannel.org the day after their broadcast premieres.
Rucker, a South Carolina native, has a 30-year career from his days as lead singer and guitarist of Hootie & the Blowfish to a recent run of successful country albums. Here’s his promo for Reel South:
- Tulsa Race Massacre, 1921 - May 18, 2021
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021