Viewers in dozens of markets around the country will get a new type of over-the-air channel “early” next year when Sinclair Broadcast Group launches TBD, containing “web series, short films, fashion, comedy, lifestyle, eSports, music, and viral content.”
If you’re wondering, TBD does indeed stand for “To Be Determined.” In this case, the determining will be done by The QYou, which has been curating short-form videos for traditional TV programmers since 2014. Sinclair said that content for TBD will come from such providers as Jukin Video, Legendary Digital Networks (Nerdist & Geek and Sundry), Whistle Sports, Kinonation, Zoomin’ and Canvas Media Studios.
TBD will air over the digital subchannels of TV stations run by Sinclair, which is the US’ largest station owner/operator with properties in 81 markets. Check out the group’s station map to see if you live in one of them.
“Much of the multicast market today focuses on classic TV and movie content, with little aimed at audiences for whom fresh and relevant pop culture content is important,” said Chris Ripley, president & CEO of Sinclair, whose other multicast channel Comet TV focuses on classic sci-fi programming. “With the launch of TBD, we aim to pair the very best premium digital-first content with the unmatched branding power of traditional television.”
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021