Jewelry giant Tiffany & Co., as part of its “long history of supporting the arts,” has launched a monthly five-part series on contemporary art called New Ways of Seeing.
The first three-and-a-half minute video, “Art Contains Multitudes,” features New York magazine critic Jerry Saltz “in insightful yet playful conversation” with three artists — Kehinde Wiley, Shantell Martin and Oliver Jeffers. You can watch it below, on YouTube, or by downloading the video directly.
The second episode will feature performance artist Miranda July taking “a closer look at the debate around what exactly constitutes art.”
Tiffany calls the series a contemporary version of Ways of Seeing, a 1972 BBC series and book. The original show consisted of four half-hours “which uniquely examined how we look at art and the meaning of imagery through the context in which we view it.”
Here are the first episodes of both New Ways of Seeing and Ways of Seeing:
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021