Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, the decidedly low-budget, live-action, music-filled kids’ fantasy show of the early ‘70s, will be resurrected by original creators Sid and Marty Krofft into a new Amazon Prime Video series for 6-11 year-olds.
While the number of episodes and premiere date were not announced, Amazon touted one cast member: David Arquette, who will play a sea-monster hunter named Captain Barnabas. That character was not in the original series, which centered on two children (including Family Affair’s Johnny Whitaker) hiding friendly sea monster Sigmund from family, both of the sea-monster and human variety.
The pilot of the new series, which premiered in June, is available for free viewing by anyone on Amazon.
In comparison, here’s the first episode of the original series, titled “The Monster Who Came to Dinner”:
(Note: Our featured image from the original Sigmund and the Sea Monsters was obtained through a screen grab from the above video.)
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021