Sling TV is inviting its customers who use Roku streaming players and Roku TV to participate in its cloud DVR beta program.
Cloud DVR will be available this December across all Roku devices to customers who subscribe to Sling TV’s single stream service, Sling Orange or the multi-stream service, Sling Blue.
Cloud DVR will allow subscribers to record movies, TV episodes or full series, as well as pause, rewind and fast-forward through saved content. (DVR functionality won’t be available for all channels.) Users will also be able to record multiple programs at the same time, and Sling TV will automatically delete the oldest ‘watched’ recorded content when storage capacity is full. More features will be announced.
“Unlike other OTT services, we’re delivering a true cloud DVR with no 28-day restriction on your recordings,” said Roger Lynch, CEO of Sling TV.
If you’re a Sling TV subscriber using a Roku device, you can request a Cloud DVR try-out at www.sling.com/dvr. There is no guaranteed admittance to the program. Selected subscribers will receive a confirmation, along with instructions, at their subscriber email address.
You can learn more about the program at help.sling.com.
- Father & Son Serial Killers? - May 17, 2021
- Epic Flight to Freedom - May 14, 2021
- Wanda Sykes’ Netflix Sitcom - May 12, 2021
- Live Longer and Prosper - May 10, 2021
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021