In an arrangement with Toei Animation, Funimation, the streaming service offering English simulcasts of popular anime shows shortly after their Japanese broadcast premieres, has added Dragon Ball Super to its lineup.
Described as “the first new storyline from original creator Akira Toriyama in more than 18 years,” episode one, which originally aired July 15, 2015, picks up with the world at peace and Goku working as a radish farmer. The good times don’t last, however, when Beerus, “the powerful God of Destruction, … awakens to a prophecy revealing his demise at the hands of an even more formidable being. When his search for the Saiyan God brings him to Earth, can Goku and his friends take on their strongest foe yet?”
“Like with the recent blockbuster Dragon Ball Z movies, having original creator Akira Toriyama passionately involved in Dragon Ball Super is so wonderful to see and for fans to experience,” said Gen Fukunaga, CEO and founder of Funimation.
“Dragon Ball Super encompasses everything fans love about Dragon Ball, while talking the mythology to a whole new level,” said Masayuki Endo, president of Toei Animation Inc.
You can catch previous subtitled episodes of Dragon Ball Super (episodes 1 – 10 and 47 – 64). Episodes 11 – 46 will be available once subtitling is complete. Episode 65, representing a new lineup of episodes, just debuted on FunimationNow. And here’s a teaser for episode 66, which will soon be added:
Production will also begin on an English dub of the Dragon Ball Super series, with broadcast and casting details to follow.
Funimation offers both free and $5.99 month plans.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021