Models. Singers. Dancers. Chefs. Fashion Designers. Comedians.
And, starting tonight, you can add Photographers to the list of reality competition subjects.
Top Photographer with Nigel Barker will air on YouTube channel AdoramaTV for five straight Tuesdays at 7pm ET. Host Barker, a professional photographer himself, is better known for being a judge on the long-running America’s Next Top Model.
Five “up and coming” photographers will compete in challenges to determine who will be named Top Photographer. The grand prize, valued at $50,000, includes a photo equipment package and a Barker-hosted photo exhibit event in New York City.
The first four episodes, whose length was not announced, will be followed by live-streamed Q&A sessions with the following guests:
- November 1 — Barker and guest judge David Bergman, a music and sports photographer who also hosts AdoramaTV’s Two Minute Tips with David Bergman;
- November 8 – guest judge Emily Soto, a fashion photographer, with the episode’s eliminated contestant;
- November 15 –guest judges Jeremy and Tom Jauncey of travel photo site Beautiful Destinations, with the episode’s eliminated contestant;
- November 22 – the show’s director and producer, who at press time had not yet been identified by Adorama.
For more information on all the contestants and judges, visit www.adorama.com/g/top-photographer.
Here’s a teaser for Top Photographer with Nigel Barker:
- 😟 Bye-Bye Bluprint 😒 - June 1, 2020
- Apple’s Cult Movie Channel - June 1, 2020
- Brooklyn Film Festival - May 29, 2020
- ‘Streaming Outta Fenway’ - May 28, 2020
- Amazon Relief Livestream - May 28, 2020
- ‘Haircut Night in America’ - May 27, 2020
- 10-Day Free Film Festival - May 27, 2020
- Multicultural VumaTV - May 26, 2020
- Marking Memorial Day - May 22, 2020
- It’s Red Nose Day on NBC - May 21, 2020