Models. Singers. Dancers. Chefs. Fashion Designers. Comedians.
And, starting tonight, you can add Photographers to the list of reality competition subjects.
Top Photographer with Nigel Barker will air on YouTube channel AdoramaTV for five straight Tuesdays at 7pm ET. Host Barker, a professional photographer himself, is better known for being a judge on the long-running America’s Next Top Model.
Five “up and coming” photographers will compete in challenges to determine who will be named Top Photographer. The grand prize, valued at $50,000, includes a photo equipment package and a Barker-hosted photo exhibit event in New York City.
The first four episodes, whose length was not announced, will be followed by live-streamed Q&A sessions with the following guests:
- November 1 — Barker and guest judge David Bergman, a music and sports photographer who also hosts AdoramaTV’s Two Minute Tips with David Bergman;
- November 8 – guest judge Emily Soto, a fashion photographer, with the episode’s eliminated contestant;
- November 15 –guest judges Jeremy and Tom Jauncey of travel photo site Beautiful Destinations, with the episode’s eliminated contestant;
- November 22 – the show’s director and producer, who at press time had not yet been identified by Adorama.
For more information on all the contestants and judges, visit www.adorama.com/g/top-photographer.
Here’s a teaser for Top Photographer with Nigel Barker:
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019
- HBO’s Gary Gulman Free - October 11, 2019
- 25 Films in 25 Minutes - October 11, 2019
- Marshall Efron Classics - October 10, 2019
- RIP Rip Taylor - October 9, 2019
- A Goldbergs Yom Kippur - October 8, 2019
- Diahann Carroll Streams - October 7, 2019
- Old Meets New on ABC - October 4, 2019