Models. Singers. Dancers. Chefs. Fashion Designers. Comedians.
And, starting tonight, you can add Photographers to the list of reality competition subjects.
Top Photographer with Nigel Barker will air on YouTube channel AdoramaTV for five straight Tuesdays at 7pm ET. Host Barker, a professional photographer himself, is better known for being a judge on the long-running America’s Next Top Model.
Five “up and coming” photographers will compete in challenges to determine who will be named Top Photographer. The grand prize, valued at $50,000, includes a photo equipment package and a Barker-hosted photo exhibit event in New York City.
The first four episodes, whose length was not announced, will be followed by live-streamed Q&A sessions with the following guests:
- November 1 — Barker and guest judge David Bergman, a music and sports photographer who also hosts AdoramaTV’s Two Minute Tips with David Bergman;
- November 8 – guest judge Emily Soto, a fashion photographer, with the episode’s eliminated contestant;
- November 15 –guest judges Jeremy and Tom Jauncey of travel photo site Beautiful Destinations, with the episode’s eliminated contestant;
- November 22 – the show’s director and producer, who at press time had not yet been identified by Adorama.
For more information on all the contestants and judges, visit www.adorama.com/g/top-photographer.
Here’s a teaser for Top Photographer with Nigel Barker:
- Tulsa Race Massacre, 1921 - May 18, 2021
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021