Independently produced science fiction now has an online home – Recursor.TV.
The website offers curated short films and series from independent filmmakers, as well as Recursor originals starting with the debut of the series Nina Unlocked, featuring actress, singer, producer and YouTube star Lana McKissack.
The site’s curated content “is chosen from a wealth of high-quality online shorts and indie science fiction films.” It includes “speculative fiction subgenres, such as military science fiction, post-apocalyptic worlds, alien encounters, cyberpunk noir” and more.
“While other platforms cater to audiences of horror, comedy, and animation, we felt that despite the enormous passion people have for high-quality science fiction, there was no dedicated alternative for these viewers,” said E.J. Kavounas, CEO of Recursor.
In Nina Unlocked, McKissack is “a super-intelligent android and former robotic assassin who lost most of her memory after somehow rebooting herself. Free of military control and suffering from memory loss, using her unique machinelike logic, Nina conducts interviews with a range of real guests including prominent scientists, authors, and filmmakers as she tries to understand the mystery of her creation.”
You can watch the first episode here:
Recursor said it will release more episodes later this fall.
The company plans to soon announce details of a “crowd-sourced creative contest” seeking ideas for the next original Recursor film. Stay tuned by visiting Recursor.TV.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021