Chris Rock will return to stand-up after an eight-year absence with two original comedy specials for Netflix.
The first show is slated to be recorded in 2017, following a world tour now in the planning stages. Details about release dates for both specials were not announced.
“Chris Rock is a beloved actor and director, and his remarkable stand-up makes him comic royalty,” said Ted Sarandos, Netflix Chief Content Officer.
“I can’t wait to get back on stage,” said Rock.
Rock has been occupied with other projects during his absence from the stand-up circuit. In the past year, he hosted the 88th Annual Academy Awards, having helmed the ceremony once before in 2005. He also directed HBO’s 2015 comedy special Amy Schumer: Live at the Apollo, and has appeared on the TV series Empire and in Bill Murray’s Netflix holiday special A Very Murray Christmas.
Here’s Chris Rock performing in 1996:
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Binge - October 18, 2019
- Living Room or Multiplex? - October 17, 2019
- Playing God - October 16, 2019
- AMC Theatres at Home - October 15, 2019
- Hulu Up North - October 14, 2019
- Boris Karloff’s ‘Thriller’ - October 11, 2019
- Jesse’s Back - October 10, 2019
- ‘Garden Party Massacre’ - October 10, 2019
- Rapping with the Stars - October 9, 2019
- Chinese Spy Thriller - October 8, 2019