American Girl, the toy and content brand for young girls and a Mattel subsidiary, is to debut its first animated series, WellieWishers, on Amazon Prime Video on Friday, October 14. That’s exactly one week before another Amazon-American Girl project, An American Girl Story—Melody 1963: Love Has to Win, premieres as Amazon’s first original special.
The WellieWishers premiere will be available for free. Only customers with an Amazon Prime subscription will have exclusive access to subsequent episodes. There will be 26 11-minute episodes in all.
WellieWishers follows Willa, Kendall, Ashlyn, Emerson, and Camille as they “step into their colorful rain boots” and hang out in “their aunt’s whimsical backyard garden.” The series promises to engage young viewers “through stories, humor, and catchy songs … all while imparting valuable lessons in friendship.”
American Girl introduced the WellieWishers’ line of dolls, books, and “digital play experiences” in June with the purpose of helping “girls ages 5-7 develop the social and emotional skills they need to be a good friend.”
Visit Amazon for a list of compatible streaming devices.
Visit Amazon Prime for more information about subscribing.
More information about WellieWishers from American Girl is available at americangirl.com.
Here’s the WellieWishers trailer:
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021