Mexican filmmaker Manolo Caro will start shooting an untitled original “dark” comedy series for Netflix in early 2017. Netflix did not announce a release date.
Caro, who wrote and directed Elvira I’ll Give You My Life but I’m Using It, Love of My Loves and I Don’t Know Whether to Slit My Veins or Leave Them Long, will film the 13-episode series in 4K.
The plot will involve a “seemingly successful and idyllic family-run flower business full of dysfunctional secrets.”
“Manolo is the only filmmaker in Mexico to have been a part of the top ten highest grossing movies over the last three consecutive years,” said Erik Barmack, Netflix vice president of international originals. “The success of Club de Cuervos in Mexico and in other countries reaffirms our bet on Mexican talent and productions like the upcoming Ingobernable, and this new project with Manolo.”
In addition to Club de Cuervos, Ingobernable and the Caro project, Netflix productions filmed or filming in Latin America include Narcos, 3%, Edha, O Matador and another untitled project from Narcos executive producer Jose Padilha based on current events in Brazil.
You can view Caro’s I Don’t Know Whether to Slit My Veins or Leave Them Long and Love of My Loves (aka Amor de mis Amores en español) with a Netflix subscription.
- Black and Blue are Back - July 12, 2019
- Frankenstein Mockumentary - July 11, 2019
- Netflix Most Engaging - July 11, 2019
- Classic ‘Office’ Smells - July 10, 2019
- ‘Escape the Night’ 4 - July 9, 2019
- More ‘Harlots’ on Hulu - July 9, 2019
- Three Buddies and a Body - July 8, 2019
- For Love and Money - July 5, 2019
- Binge July 4th Movies - July 4, 2019
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2019