Bryan Cranston, widely known as hapless father Hal on Malcom in the Middle and milquetoast turned meth mastermind Walter White on Breaking Bad, will return as the voice of Rex Titanium in a SuperMansion holiday special on Sony’s free streaming service, Crackle.
The Emmy-nominated original stop-motion animated comedy series, for which Cranston is also an executive producer, will debut an original half-hour special, SuperMansion: War on Christmas on December 8. The plot involves “a dysfunctional group of self-righteous superheroes, The League of Freedom, who can’t agree on anything, but must band together to save Christmas” from “interstellar imp, Mr. Skibumpers” who unleashes a Santa Claus grappling with “an existential crisis.”
In addition to Cranston, the special introduces the voices of newcomers Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory) as Mr. Skibumpers and Gary Anthony Williams (Lester on The Soul Man) as Santa Claus. Those reprising roles include Keegan-Michael Key of Key and Peele, Seth Green of Family Guy, the late Anton Yelchin of Star Trek and Dan Stevens of Downton Abbey.
Matthew Senreich, who was a co-creator on Robot Chicken with Seth Green and Mike Fasolo, created and produced the SuperMansion special.
Fans can also look forward to a second season slate of episodes in early 2017. Meanwhile, all 13 episodes from season one are available to watch for free on Crackle.
- Streaming ‘Mr. Selfridge’ - November 21, 2019
- A ‘Cyberchase’ Thanksgiving - November 20, 2019
- Two Docs, Two Tragedies - November 19, 2019
- Review: Bingeable ‘Crown’ - November 18, 2019
- Decades’ ‘Batman’ Binge - November 15, 2019
- More People Use TV Antennas - November 15, 2019
- More ‘Cold as Balls’ - November 13, 2019
- Garlin Stand-Up in Chicago - November 12, 2019
- ‘Nunsense’ TV Specials - November 12, 2019
- UpliftTV Shows Parables - November 11, 2019