Alpha, a subscription streaming service with content focusing on such pop culture genres as gaming, movies and comics – will launch Thursday, November 3, priced at $4.99 a month. But you can start watching a month earlier – on Monday, October 3 – by signing up now through alphainvite.com.
How will Alpha work? Here’s Alpha Community Manager Courtney Kraft to explain:
Alpha will combine material from Legendary Digital Network’s Nerdist and Geek & Sundry channels – including 48-hour early access to select Nerdist and Geek & Sundry shows like retro game-focused Co-Optitude, The Dan Cave with Dan Case, and Because Science with Kyle Hill. Subscribers will also be able to see the fourth season of the Will Wheaton-starring TableTop months before it airs elsewhere.
A slew of new programming will also be available on Alpha, including:
- Escape – Hosted by comedian Janet Varney, celebrities like Josh McDermitt (The Walking Dead), Ingrid Oliver (Doctor Who), Burnie Burns (Rooster Teeth), and Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) team up “to solve complex puzzles and enigmatic riddles to escape the room before time runs out”;
- Talks Machina – A companion to Geek & Sundry’s Critical Role, an enhanced version of which will also be seen on Alpha, this series will feature writer Brian W. Foster discussing the latest episode with cast members;
- Vast – A role-playing game with comic book creator Jackson Lanzing helming a space exploration crew;
- Sidekick with Matt Mira – “Mira acts as the ultimate late-night talk show sidekick to a brand new ‘guest host’ each week;
- Welcome to the Shadow Zone – Mark Trillbury, aka Onyx the Fortuitous, offers opinions on horror films and video games, debuts music videos from his band, and interviews family members, antagonists from his Detroit neighborhood, and celebrity guests;
- Watch Your Language – Comedian/rapper Zach Sherwin (Epic Rap Battles) “meets audiences at the intersection of comedy and word-nerdery”;
- Choose Our Destiny: Improv Adventure – Premiering Wednesday, November 9, this featuring sketch comedy group and YouTube stars The Tin Can Brothers;
- Predictament – Premiering Monday, November 21, this is a celebrity interview show in which each guest “will have no idea that … each question is a wager opportunity, and each answer is a win or loss. Make the right guesses, and audience members can win great prizes”;
- Public Access – Premiering Sunday, December 4, this series “gives members of the community the chance to make a show… any show.”
- Majority Rules – Premiering Friday, December 9, Majority Rules is a weekly live game show where audience members selected at random play a collection of mini-games.
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021