You can watch Sling TV’s Orange service for free today just by providing an email address and creating a password at www.sling.com/watchfree. The free “preview” lasts until 2 am ET Tuesday morning.
Sling is touting the freebie as a way for cord-cutters to watch tonight’s “two big events—the first Presidential debate of the 2016 election season and pro football faceoff between New Orleans and Atlanta.”
“These two events…represent the pinnacle of must-see-live TV,” said Roger Lynch, CEO, Sling TV.
As Gizmodo points out, however, viewers already have a “vast array” of streaming options for the debate – including YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. And ESPN’s matchup between the 1-1 Saints and the 0-2 Falcons is hardly the Super Bowl.
So what else can you get tonight on Sling Orange, a service that provides paid subscribers with more than 25 channels for $20 a month? Well, after the debate, you can catch a live edition of Late Night with Trevor Noah on Comedy Central. Or, if you’re not into politics or football, you can see the original Ghostbusters and its sequel on AMC, the first two original Superman movies on El Rey, and multiple episodes of Tiny House Hunters on HGTV, American Pickers on History, Chopped on Food Network, That ‘70s Show on IFC, or Bizarre Foods on Travel Channel.
You can Sling for free today over smart TVs, tablets, game consoles, computers and smartphones. For a complete list of devices, go to www.sling.com/devices.
- Tulsa Race Massacre, 1921 - May 18, 2021
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021