Can Nikki Lund, billed as a “global fashion designer’ but perhaps better known as Kim Kardashian’s childhood best friend and rocker Richie Sambora’s ex-girlfriend, now become the new Heidi Klum? No, Lund won’t be joining Klum’s long-running Project Runway, but instead hosting a new fashion competition series, Queen On 34th.
The show is set to premiere in January 2017 on FUBU TV, a free on-demand service from J. Alexander Martin and Daymond John, co-founders of the urban/hip-hop fashion brand FUBU (For Us By Us).
FUBU TV, however, is much more than fashion. The channel’s programming includes comedies, dramas, music, documentaries and more, all of which can be checked out on fubu-tv.com or via iOS, Google Play, or Apple TV apps.
In Queen On 34th, 12 designers from undergraduate fashion schools will compete in weekly challenges at the Instituto di Design (IED) in Milan, Italy. Lund will be joined by “industry notables” and celebrities in choosing “the next big fashion star.” The winner will receive “professional mentoring” from Lund, a “full-page spread in a top fashion magazine,” a cash prize and a one-year scholarship to IED.
Lund’s own fashion designs have been worn by the likes of Miley Cyrus, Carrie Underwood, Demi Lovato, Brandy, Brad Paisley and Blake Shelton, according to the show’s producers.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021