The Women Survivors Alliance (WSA) announced plans for a fall launch of New Focus Network, a streaming service that will support its mission of “empowering, educating and connecting women whose lives have been touched by cancer.” Proceeds from the network will benefit the WSA’s Ribbons of Support program.
Content will include:
- Living Inspired — A daytime talk show hosted by WSA founder Karen Shayne featuring celebrity interviews, pop culture tips, fashion trends, music and food segments;
- The Chef and I — An “interactive cooking show” that will provide recipes and shopping lists to viewers in advance so that they can “join in and cook right alongside” chef Chris Rains and co-host Shayne;
- My 2nd Act — Presentations of the organization’s traveling show featuring cancer survivors sharing stories of their lives following diagnosis, again hosted by Shayne.
New Focus will stream through VrTuo Interactive, which last week launched what it’s calling a “suite of smart television networks” focusing on “preventive health tied to human attachment in preventive care.” VrTuo is already available for $2.99/month, but said its full suite of networks would come online this fall.
- Top 4M TV, which offers a “wide variety of original family-oriented movies, concerts, music videos, documentaries, TV shows, film shorts and a whole lot more”;
- BZNS, “All Business Television,” whose shows include Be a Beast, The Brilliant Business Owner, Profit Tornado and The Tony Bodoh Experience;
- Super Health TV, with such shows as Caregivers with Hope and The Healthy Home, as well as WSA’s Living Inspired and My 2nd Act.
- VrTuo is now available through Roku, Google TV and smart TVs, with Amazon Fire TV and Apple TV to come. It is also free to members of SmartMed Plus, a subscription healthcare service operated by VrTuo’s parent company.
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021