(Above: ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ on CBS All Access. Source: IMDb)
CBS All Access has just unveiled an ad-free subscription plan – well, almost ad-free.
Viewers can now watch the CBS All Access on-demand library, with no commercials, for $9.99 a month. The catalog, consisting of more than 8,500 episodes, includes full current seasons of primetime shows like Big Brother, Blue Bloods, Madam Secretary and The Odd Couple, along with late night, daytime and news programming. The service will also offer original content, including the latest Star Trek iteration, Star Trek: Discovery, which is scheduled to premiere in January 2017. Other original series will include a spinoff of The Good Wife and a new digital edition of Big Brother.
It should be noted, however, that the commercial-free plan will not be entirely commercial-free. Live-streamed local CBS stations will retain the same ads as on their over-the-air broadcasts, and certain on-demand shows “will include promotional interruptions.”
For those who are fine with commercials, there’s still the $5.99 per month plan, featuring advertisements in the on-demand content, but no ads with CBS Classics. The CBS Classics library includes programs such as the Star Trek series Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise, along with other vintage shows like Taxi, Hawaii Five-O, the original Odd Couple and The Twilight Zone.
CBS All Access is available online at CBS.com, on mobile devices via the CBS App for iOS, Android and Windows 10, and on Roku Players, Apple TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Chromecast, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick.
You can find more details at CBS All Access.
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021