If you missed the live telecast of MTV’s Video Music Awards on Sunday, August 28, you can catch most of the performances online.
Variety reports that music website Vevo has struck a deal with MTV to publish videos from the show. Starting today, Monday, August 29, Vevo began publishing VMA videos for streaming on its site and apps. Videos will also post to Vevo’s YouTube channel and other partner distribution platforms.
Once an upstart rival to MTV with its own 24-hour online music video channel, Vevo has since abandoned those efforts to focus on its website and apps, with plans for a paid subscription service later on. In other words, Variety wrote, “Vevo now wants to take on Spotify.”
Read the story in its entirety at Variety.
Watch The Chainsmokers perform their hit, Closer, at the 2016 VMAs on Vevo.
Relive show highlights on MTV.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021