Xumo, the aggregator of ad-supported Internet video for smart TV and mobile devices, has just expanded to LG smart TVs under the branding of “Channel Plus.”
The service is part of a software update for LG’s webOS 3.0 platform on such smart TVs as its Oled and Super UHD models. The Xumo channels appear alongside digital broadcast channels in a single on-screen program guide.
Xumo, which has deals with such publishers as Time Inc. and Condé Nast Entertainment, carries some 50 channels. They cover entertainment (e.g., Buzzfeed, PBS Digital Studios and the upcoming People/Entertainment Weekly Network), news (e.g., Bloomberg Politics, The Young Turks), lifestyle (e.g. Cooking Light, bon appétit), fashion (e.g., Glamour, Vogue), comedy (e.g.,The Onion, Cracked) and sports (e.g., Field & Stream, Sports Illustrated).
In addition to Channel Plus on LG, Xumo offers an app for Magnavox, Philips, Sanyo, Panasonic and Vizio smart TVs. Xumo is also available on Roku and iOS.
- Tulsa Race Massacre, 1921 - May 18, 2021
- Emily Watson’s ‘Too Close’ - May 17, 2021
- The Red Rose of Mumbai? - May 14, 2021
- Rotten Tomatoes Channel - May 13, 2021
- 85 Years of Wavy Gravy - May 12, 2021
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021