The final 10 episodes of police procedural Beck, Sweden’s longest-running series ever, will come to the US next month via subscription streaming service MHz Choice. The 90-minute shows will be released on consecutive Tuesdays: three on September 13, four on September 20, and three on September 27.
Based on the Martin Beck novels by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö, Beck premiered in 1997 and stars Peter Haber as Beck, plus Mikael Persbrandt and Game of Thrones’ Kristofer Hivju.
Here’s MHz’s show description: “He’s got no style, he’s got no flash and he’s squarely in middle age. But Swedish detective Martin Beck is good at one thing: methodically catching criminals so that they can be put away… for a long time. His tightly wound partner, Gunvald, is his opposite: an impulsive man who cuts a dashing figure, is in no way politically correct and who never met a boundary he didn’t leap across.”
If you’re intrigued and want to play binge catch-up before the final episodes become available, don’t despair: only 34 total episodes were produced over nearly two decades, and the first 24 are also available on MHz Choice.
For $7.99 per month, MHz Choice offers web, smartphone, iPad, Apple TV and Roku users more than 2,000 hours of subtitled mysteries, dramas and comedies from around the world.
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021