Freedom Fighters: The Ray is based on a DC character originally introduced to comic book fans in October 1973 in Justice League of America #107. Writer Grant Morrison, however, in an attempt “to better reflect American demographics,” has updated Raymond “Ray” Terrill. In the new series, Ray will be the first gay superhero to lead a show.
The program will be produced by Warner Bros.’ digital studio Blue Ribbon Content.
CW Seed will also add the CW network comedy favorites Girlfriends and its spinoff The Game, along with Everybody Hates Chris. Everybody Hates Chris, based on Chris Rock’s young life and narrated by the comedian, ran from 2005 to 2009, first on UPN and then the CW. Girlfriends, starring Tracee Ellis Ross, followed a similar path, starting on UPN in 2000 and finishing in 2008 on the CW. The Game, with Wendy Raquel Robinson, ran from 2006 to 2015 on the CW. Availability dates were not provided.
Visit CW Seed to learn how you can view the channel for free on your phone, tablet or TV set.
September will mark the 10th anniversary of the CW.
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021