NBC is producing a short-form version of its The Voice reality singing competition for Snapchat, the popular messaging platform known for automatically deleting messages after a short period of time.
The Voice on Snapchat, featuring five short episodes showcasing performance videos submitted by fans, will debut on Monday, August 22.
If you think you have the pipes and the musical talent, you can submit your video now at voicesnaps.com. Submissions will also be evaluated by The Voice coaches for the chance to appear on the September 9, 8 pm ET, broadcast premiere of the new season.
The Voice on Snapchat is the first original show to appear on the platform in a multi-year content and advertising agreement between Snapchat and NBCUniversal. E! News will also produce original segments in a weekly show called The Rundown that will debut on Thursday, September 8. NBC plans to add original material from The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and Saturday Night Live in the future.
Snapchat users can access The Voice and the other original shows through by swiping right on the “Stories” screen to enter the “Snapchat Discover” mode.
- ‘Mr. Belvedere’ Reunion - May 29, 2020
- ‘Holiday’ Viewing Party - May 29, 2020
- Carol Burnett on Shout! - May 28, 2020
- Animated ‘Central Park’ - May 28, 2020
- ‘Filthy Rich’ Epstein - May 27, 2020
- HBO Max’s Opening Slate - May 26, 2020
- Ultimate Shakespeare Binge - May 22, 2020
- ‘Homecoming’ Returns - May 22, 2020
- Guilty Pleasure Alert - May 21, 2020
- Soviet Gulag Drama - May 21, 2020