At long last, press junkets – those free trips where journalists get to meet celebrities while dining and lodging at corporate expense – are getting their comedy comeuppance.
Junketeers, now bingeable on Comedy Central’s YouTube channel or Lexus-owned L/Studio, consists of eight short-form episodes homing in on fictional entertainment journalists interacting with each other and with real-life celebrities.
Former MTV News correspondent Josh Horowitz and former E! and Extra correspondent Ben Lyons created and produced the series. “Josh and I have collectively spent…a combined 1 million hours waiting in fancy hotels around the world for celebrities to show up to be interviewed,’” explained Lyons. “This is a love letter to our profession, if a love letter was filled with backstabbing, profanity, violence, and generally poor decision-making and value systems,” joked Horowitz.
Junketeers stars Brian Unger, Barak Hardley, Austin Lyon, Phil Augusta Jackson and Amanda Lund, who also co-wrote the series with Horowitz.
Guest stars include Josh Duhamel, Kristen Bell, Gillian Jacobs, Chloe Grace Moretz, Eli Roth, Emily Ratajkowski, Tom Felton and Matt Bomer.
Here’s episode one featuring Duhamel:
- Interactive ‘Epic Night’ - November 21, 2019
- JellyTelly Begats Minno - November 21, 2019
- ‘Yogi, Guru, Predator’ - November 20, 2019
- ‘Love Dot Com,’ a Romcom - November 20, 2019
- ‘Ghost BFF’ Dark Comedy - November 19, 2019
- Free Sports Expansion - November 19, 2019
- ‘Cheat’ This Thursday - November 18, 2019
- ‘High Castle’ Ends Today - November 15, 2019
- Corman and Dante Debuts - November 15, 2019
- Report on ‘The Report’ - November 13, 2019