The people have voted and the underhanded President Frank Underwood has won.
House of Cards, starring Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright, is the best streaming television series, at least according to fans who vote on IMDB, the popular internet reference guide for all things movies and television.
IMDB has compiled a list of the top 10 rated OTT (Over-the-Top) shows, and based on more than 286,000 IMDB user votes, House of Cards snagged the #1 position with a rating of 9 out of a possible 10. Individual episodes still rank among the highest rated titles, including a 9.7 for the fourth season finale. You can stream all four seasons, with a paid subscription, on Netflix.
House of Cards, which premiered in February 2013, marked a daring move into original programming for Netflix. According to CNN, the service spent $100 million for the first two 13-episode seasons, and was rewarded when it became the first online show to receive an Emmy nomination – eight, in fact, for season one.
Netflix dominates in the original OTT category. It nabbed the first six spots on the IMDB list, seven in all, with shows such as Arrested Development (#2 with a 9 rating), which originally aired on Fox and was revived by Netflix, and Orange is the New Black (#6 with an 8.3).
Amazon Video, which has made its own forays into original programming over the last couple of years, made the list with Bosch (#7 with an 8.3 rating), Mozart in the Jungle (#9 with an 8.2) and Transparent (#10 with an 8). You can view episodes of these shows on a pay-per-view basis or via Amazon Prime Video’s unlimited streaming plan.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021