Start-up Giblib will invite the world – virtually – into the operating room next Thursday, July 28, at 2 pm ET with a live-stream of a hernia procedure.
The operation, to be performed by Dr. Shirin Towfigh at the 90210 Surgery Medical Center & Precision ASC in Beverly Hills, will be shown in 360-degree, virtual reality using 360fly’s 360-degree 4K camera.
You can register to watch the live, one-hour surgery online here.
Giblib describes itself as “the first multi-channel network devoted 100% to the surgical community,” offering an online collection of medical lectures and surgical videos covering “all specialties and procedures.” Surgical experts share “new techniques and best practices” that are accessible for viewing to doctors and students around the world, including developing regions.
“Watching a surgery in 360-degree/virtual reality provides a fully immersive real-world operating room experience for viewers and is a game changer for surgical education,” said Brian Conyer, CEO of Giblib.
Camera-maker 360fly works with a free iOS and Android mobile app, allowing users to create and share instructional videos over social media networks such as YouTube and Facebook.
To peruse Giblib’s library of surgical videos, visit here. Warning: Definitely not for the squeamish.
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021