The National Basketball Association (NBA) and Twitter will expand their content partnership, offering original live programming and more video on Twitter, as well as on the Twitter-owned social media platforms Vine and Periscope.
The NBA will exclusively live stream a new weekly pregame show, free to viewers, “with first-of-its-kind elements created specifically for integration with Twitter conversation.” An additional show will be announced before the 2016-17 season.
The two will also expand their ‘Amplify’ program, with additional content distributed across Twitter, Vine and Periscope. Existing NBA video programming on Twitter includes #NBARapidReplay and #NBAVine highlights as well as behind-the-scenes footage. Periscope offers live streams of press conferences and interviews. Vine offers NBA repeating video grabs under six seconds in length.
— ESPN (@NBA_FormulaOne) June 6, 2016
The NBA also plans to produce more videos at the NBA All-Star game, NBA Playoffs, NBA Finals, NBA Draft and other events.
“This expanded partnership will help feed our fans’ growing demand for the NBA by more deeply integrating the league across Twitter’s many platforms,” said NBA Commissioner Adam Silver.
The NBA is working with Twitter through its NBA Digital partnership with Turner.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021