ABC News tonight will present what it’s calling a “landmark” discussion on race relations and policing with President Barack Obama and “Americans who have been directly affected by recent events.” Titled The President and The People: A National Conversation, the Washington, DC “town hall” will run live and commercial free from 8-9 pm ET over three networks owned by ABC parent Disney – ABC, ESPN and Freeform—and their respective digital streams.
If you want to watch the show but don’t pay for cable, satellite or telco TV, no problem! You can:
- tune in over-the-air on your local ABC station
- live-stream it at ABC News Digital, including online, Facebook and YouTube
- view over Yahoo. Here’s a link to Yahoo News Now.
David Muir, anchor of ABC’s World News Tonight, will moderate the discussion. He’ll be joined by Jemele Hill, an ESPN commentator and co-cost of ESPN2’s His and Hers.
ABC News Digital promises to continue the conversation with the town hall audience after the official hour ends. This coverage will be hosted by Sunny Hostin, ABC News senior legal correspondent, and Lonnae O’Neal, senior writer for The Undefeated, ESPN’s recently launched site on race and sports. (If you’re watching one of the broadcast or cable stations, you can instead stay tuned for music show Greatest Hits on ABC, a 30 for 30 documentary on 1980s’ New York Mets stars Doc Gooden and Daryl Strawberry on ESPN, or the 2001 movie comedy The Wedding Planner on Freeform.)
Finally, on Friday, ABCNews.com plans to present “a front row, 360-degree view of the town hall with a series of special virtual reality videos.”
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021