Rolr (pronounced “roller’) said it has been working with several major film studios – including Paramount, Sony, Universal and Warner Bros. – on its new iOS app that allows users to “act out” scenes from popular movies with other users. The app currently features scenes from 45 films, ranging from 1954’s Creature from the Black Lagoon to now-in-theaters Central Intelligence. An Android version is expected soon.
After choosing a film, scene and character, an in-app teleprompter guides users to record their role. They can then invite others to be their co-stars.
Rolr was founded by actor Edward Kerr, who has a recurring role on Freeform’s Pretty Little Liars. Kerr describes the app as a movie version of karaoke. “Rolr is essentially an acting machine – a way for people to express their own personalities and experience what it’s like to play the role. Our goal is to literally get the world to act together by bringing people of all ages and interests into entertaining interactions within the context of popular scenes from film and television.”
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021