Amazon Prime Video has secured exclusive streaming rights to 33 Warner Brothers titles, including The Matrix trilogy, the Lethal Weapon series, and the first three Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies, according to Variety.
The acquisition further bolsters Amazon’s lead over Netflix in terms of total movie titles. Quoting a Barclays study, Variety reported that as of the end of March, Amazon Prime had four times as many movies available for streaming as Netflix.
Titles in the deal include:
- Mystic River
- Ocean’s Eleven
- The American President
- The Wedding Singer
- Full Metal Jacket
- You’ve Got Mail
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
In an effort, to keep pace, Netflix recently added some recent marquee films, including Spotlight and The Big Short.
- Black and Blue are Back - July 12, 2019
- Frankenstein Mockumentary - July 11, 2019
- Netflix Most Engaging - July 11, 2019
- Classic ‘Office’ Smells - July 10, 2019
- ‘Escape the Night’ 4 - July 9, 2019
- More ‘Harlots’ on Hulu - July 9, 2019
- Three Buddies and a Body - July 8, 2019
- For Love and Money - July 5, 2019
- Binge July 4th Movies - July 4, 2019
- Binge July 4th TV - July 3, 2019