Audience measurement company comScore released findings uncovered via its Total Home Panel measurement tool that show more households access Roku than any other Internet TV streaming device, including Google Chromecast and Apple TV.
Roku enjoys a 49% market share in the over-the-top (OTT) streaming category, with Chromecast at 22%, Kindle Fire TV 16% and Apple TV 12%.
comScore reports streaming devices are the fourth most common way that people access the Internet, after desktops, smartphones and tablets. Although devices like Roku allow viewers to watch such services as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video and HBO Now, they also offer additional capabilities such as web surfing and music streaming.
According to RapidTVNews, research firm Frank N. Magid Associates released findings showing connected TVs are used by 74% of Americans, up from 59% last year. A full 42% of respondents to the Magid study said they have a smart TV, up from just 25% in 2015 and 17% in 2013.
- Drug-Addled ET on Shudder - May 7, 2021
- Pluto TV En Español - May 5, 2021
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021