Owners of LG OLED or Super UHD smart TV sets can now see the second season of Amazon’s original drama series Bosch in Dolby Vision – a process that combines HDR (high dynamic range) with what Dolby calls “wide color gamut” to deliver pictures with “brighter highlights, more light-to-dark contrast, and colors never before seen on TV.”
Amazon is also offering a number of movies –Sony Pictures ‘ The Smurfs 2, After Earth, Men in Black 3, Hancock, Salt, Pineapple Express, Fury, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Chappie and Elysium – in Dolby Vision. The films are available for anyone to purchase on Amazon Video, while Bosch is part of Amazon Prime subscriptions. In both cases, there’s no extra charge to view in Dolby Vision.
“We will continue to expand our selection, adding more movies and TV series for our customers to watch and enjoy in the premium picture quality of HDR” said Amazon Video VP Jim Freeman.
Netflix and Vudu subscribers can also view Dolby Vision content on the same smart TV sets.
- Anna Paquin’s a ‘Flack’ - January 21, 2021
- ‘Celebrating America’ - January 20, 2021
- Dramas of Lebanon - January 20, 2021
- Inaugural Speech Binge - January 19, 2021
- You’ve Got Uvagut TV! - January 19, 2021
- ‘Black Vote Rising’ - January 18, 2021
- Bruce Lee Tribute Weekend - January 14, 2021
- The Grio Douses Light TV - January 13, 2021
- MST3K Vets Live-Riff Today - January 12, 2021
- Flight, Work, Love, Faith - January 11, 2021