Funimation has announced 14 “simulcast” titles that will run on its anime subscription service this summer, with a promise of more to come. Subtitled simulcasts air shortly after each show’s Japanese broadcast premiere. Several of the titles will also be dubbed into English, a feature Funimation claims as exclusive to its service.
The episodes, in 1080p HD, kick off on Saturday, July 2, with Love Live! Sunshine!! and First Love Monster, both with high school students as main characters. For a list of all 14 titles, go here.
Simulcasts are available to all Funimation subscribers, with monthly plans starting at $4.99. Dubbed simulcasts are only available if you take a higher-priced $7.99 package. Funimation also offers free ad-supported anime that does not include simulcasts or dubs.
In addition to its web service, the anime provider recently launched Funimation Now, an app for smartphones and Kindles, with a promise that access through other devices and gaming consoles will be coming soon.
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021
- ‘Philly D.A.’ Docuseries - April 20, 2021