Funimation has announced 14 “simulcast” titles that will run on its anime subscription service this summer, with a promise of more to come. Subtitled simulcasts air shortly after each show’s Japanese broadcast premiere. Several of the titles will also be dubbed into English, a feature Funimation claims as exclusive to its service.
The episodes, in 1080p HD, kick off on Saturday, July 2, with Love Live! Sunshine!! and First Love Monster, both with high school students as main characters. For a list of all 14 titles, go here.
Simulcasts are available to all Funimation subscribers, with monthly plans starting at $4.99. Dubbed simulcasts are only available if you take a higher-priced $7.99 package. Funimation also offers free ad-supported anime that does not include simulcasts or dubs.
In addition to its web service, the anime provider recently launched Funimation Now, an app for smartphones and Kindles, with a promise that access through other devices and gaming consoles will be coming soon.
- ‘Will & Grace’ Returns - October 23, 2019
- A Meeting of Kings - October 22, 2019
- ‘Intelligent Lives’ Doc - October 21, 2019
- Dorothy Stratten Videos - October 18, 2019
- YouTube’s ‘Booktube’ - October 17, 2019
- Facebook’s ‘Limetown’ - October 16, 2019
- An Ad-Supported MHz - October 16, 2019
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019