BitTorrent has launched BitTorrent Now, an ad-supported streaming app largely designed to connect its creator clients with their fans. The app is available now for Android, with iOS and Apple TV promised soon.
“Fans can discover breaking music and video, follow the artists they love, and support them directly,” wrote Straith Schreder, BitTorrent VP of creative initiatives, in a blog post. “Breaking music and video live here,” he declared.
What content is available? “Artists like Yung Jake who ask us to rewire our understanding of the web. Musicians like Kerli, Kyiki, Bosco & Speakerfoxxx who call for equality in the recording industry. Filmmakers like Adam Bhala Lough who capture change and the world around us. Studios and distributors like A24, Oscilloscope Labs, Drafthouse Films, Factory25, Honora and Super Deluxe who stay weird. Collectives like Fool’s Gold Records, Letter Racer, and Soulection who are building the community and sound of tomorrow.
BitTorrent Now follows last month’s launch of a live streaming app BitTorrent Live, available for Apple TV, with iOS, Android and Mac to come.
- ‘Will & Grace’ Returns - October 23, 2019
- A Meeting of Kings - October 22, 2019
- ‘Intelligent Lives’ Doc - October 21, 2019
- Dorothy Stratten Videos - October 18, 2019
- YouTube’s ‘Booktube’ - October 17, 2019
- Facebook’s ‘Limetown’ - October 16, 2019
- An Ad-Supported MHz - October 16, 2019
- ‘Craig Fixada America’ - October 15, 2019
- Fill up on ‘Corner Gas’ - October 14, 2019
- Robert Forster Sampler - October 14, 2019