Comcast Cable’s Xfinity has debuted its first original web series – Glued, a six-part sitcom about a binge-watching married couple.
The series comes with serious sitcom credentials. It stars real-life married couple John Ross Bowie (Barry Kripke in The Big Bang Theory) and Jamie Denbo as the couple obsessing over watching every episode of a hit fictional series titled “The Watched.” It’s directed by John Riggi (30 Rock) and executive produced by Sharon Horgan (British sitcom Catastrophe and HBO’s upcoming Divorce).
“This was the closest project we have ever done to our real marriage,” said Denbo in a statement. “Glued is basically our life. One week John watched our favorite show without me and I was enraged. I forced him to re-watch the same episode with me again. Which he liked, so that backfired. Point is, the show is very real.”
Guest stars in the series include Ian Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun) and Deborah Craig (The Blacklist).
The first four episodes, each lasting from three to five minutes, are already up on Xfinity’s Watchable channel and on YouTube. Xfinity cable subscribers can also catch them via the service’s on-demand outlets. The final two episodes will be released June 30.
Episode one follows below, but we must warn you: this series is very funny, and you’re likely to immediately binge-watch all four episodes just like we did!
- She’s Molly of Denali - July 15, 2019
- ‘Brash Girls Club’ Trio - July 15, 2019
- Fox Brings Back Decades - July 12, 2019
- ‘Point Blank’ Binge - July 12, 2019
- Streaming Rip Torn - July 11, 2019
- Friends in High Places - July 10, 2019
- Verrry Interesting… - July 10, 2019
- Prime Taylor Swift - July 9, 2019
- Unicorn Killers - July 9, 2019
- PBS Goes to the Moon - July 8, 2019