Trivia: From 1954 to 1977, three classic TV dads – Jim Anderson, Steve Douglas and Fred Sanford– ruled the airwaves. But never at the same time! Anderson’s Father Knows Best left the air after the 1959-1960 season. That fall, Douglas’ My Three Sons began, lasting through 1971-1972. Then Fred Sanford’s Sanford & Son premiered.
Of course, Jim, Steve and Fred rule their households forever in rerun land. So this Sunday, Father’s Day, you can sample all three dads.
Let’s start with over-the-air channels Antenna TV and Decades, which will respectively air marathons of Sanford & Son and My Three Sons.
Antenna TV will air 34 episodes of Sanford & Son, spanning the show’s six-season run, from 5 am to 10 p.m. ET. The show airs regularly weeknights at 6 pm. If you can’t get Antenna TV or just want to watch episodes on demand, you can also find some 60 episodes on YouTube.
Decades will start its My Three Suns “binge” of 84 episodes on Saturday at 1 pm ET, running through 7 am Monday morning. One of the longest-running series in TV history, My Three Sons aired for 12 seasons, and Decades will show episodes from seasons seven through 10. But if you’d like to see the very first episode, here it is:
As for Father Knows Best, no on-air marathons, but you can watch any episode from its six-year run at anytime on the free ad-supported site Shout Factory TV. Episodes of Father Knows Best also air weekday mornings at 8 and 8:30 on Antenna TV
Father Knows Best
- We Clap for ‘Clipped’ - May 11, 2021
- A Canary Islands Thriller - May 11, 2021
- Guide to ‘Those Who Kill’ - May 10, 2021
- Lori Arnold, Queen of Meth - May 7, 2021
- ‘Vax Live’ Concert May 8 - May 7, 2021
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021