Four over-the-air networks — female-targeted Escape, male-targeted Grit, comedy channel Laff and black-skewed Bounce TV — are greatly expanding their availability to viewers without cable, satellite or telco subscriptions. That’s thanks to multi-year deals signed by distributors Katz Broadcasting and Bounce Media with three broadcast station group owners.
Katz calls it the “largest multicast distribution launch in the history of broadcast television,” with a roll-out involving 130 launches via 81 broadcast stations in 54 markets. Escape will be in 42 new markets, Grit in 28, Laff in 45, and Bounce TV in 15.
The station groups involved are Nexstar Broadcasting, Mission Broadcasting and White Knight Broadcasting.
Among the larger markets adding one or more of the channels are Washington, Phoenix, Salt Lake City and Memphis.
- Shift Your World Festival - May 6, 2021
- Classic Fest on HBO Max - May 5, 2021
- Simpsons, Star Wars Unite - May 4, 2021
- It’s the Darndest Thing! - May 4, 2021
- RIP Olympia Dukakis - May 1, 2021
- Exploring Mosquito Coasts - April 29, 2021
- Virtual Wellness Retreat - April 29, 2021
- Rewind TV in September - April 27, 2021
- A Look at Local Now - April 23, 2021
- ‘Secrets of the Whales’ - April 22, 2021