Showtime’s award-winning Homeland will go from a fall to a winter premiere when season six debuts in January 2017.
The hit drama is scheduled to begin production in New York this August, marking the series’ stateside return after having shot season sour in South Africa and season five in Berlin. Claire Danes, Rupert Friend, F. Murray Abraham and Mandy Patinkin will reprise their starring roles.
Season aix picks up several months after Carrie Mathison (Danes) helped thwart a terrorist attack in Berlin. She now lives in Brooklyn, NY, working for a foundation that provides aid to Muslims living in the United States. Season six will deal with the ramifications of the U.S. presidential election, including the complicated transfer of presidential power. The entire season occurs between election day and the inauguration.
Viewers interested in subscribing to Showtime directly, without a cable or satellite subscription, can do so with a Roku player, Roku TV, Apple TV or iOS device for $10.99 a month. Showtime is also available as an add-on for Hulu subscribers.
Customers with a Showtime subscription through a cable or satellite provider can download Showtime Anytime for free to their computer, tablet, mobile and TV streaming devices. For more information, go to Showtime.
- Siblings’ Bad Road Trip - May 3, 2021
- Time-bending Spycraft - April 30, 2021
- Troubled Siblings and Murder - April 28, 2021
- ‘Romeo & Juliet’ Film on PBS - April 23, 2021
- Chicken, Statue on Peacock - April 21, 2021
- ‘Midsomer Murders’ Season 22 - April 19, 2021
- ‘Beverly Hillbillies’ Binge - April 16, 2021
- AMC+’s Cold War Thriller - April 14, 2021
- ‘Pray, Obey, Kill’ Docuseries - April 12, 2021
- HBO Max’s Victorian X-Women - April 9, 2021