(Above: Alison Brie gets pinned in ‘GLOW”)
A GLOW glossary:
- GLOW, a Netflix comedy premiering Friday from Orange is the New Black showrunner Jenji Kohan, stars Alison Brie (Community’s Annie, Mad Men’s Trudy) as one of the female wrestlers in a 1980s’ TV series
- GLOW is also the name of the 1980s’ TV series inside the new Netflix series
- GLOW: Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling was a real 1980s TV series, syndicated from 1986-1989
- GLOW: The Story of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling was a 2012 documentary about the original series.
You can’t binge the new GLOW’s 10 episodes until Friday, but you can immerse yourself in the earlier GLOWs right now!
Here are the first 15 minutes of the original series from 1986:
You can stream the rest of episode one and lots more of the ‘80s show on YouTube.
The documentary is available on NetFlix. Here’s a trailer:
And here’s the trailer for the new series:
- Streaming the Eclipse - August 18, 2017
- Lingerie Fighting SVOD - August 18, 2017
- ‘Monday’ on Friday - August 17, 2017
- ‘Party Boat’ to Sail - August 17, 2017
- Chong Smokes On - August 16, 2017
- ‘Good Karma Hospital’ - August 15, 2017
- Riding the ‘Rave Train’ - August 15, 2017
- Rx for ‘Hard Medicine’ - August 14, 2017
- Netflix in Shondaland - August 14, 2017
- Salute to Roller Derby - August 11, 2017