Online cinema service Flix Premiere is investing $50 million in independent film production.
The money will fund five to ten original film productions over the next two years that will be released exclusively on Flix Premiere. Projects will be selected from film markets at global festivals such as Cannes, Sundance and the Toronto International Film Festival. Flix Premiere will also consider direct submissions.
Flix Premiere shows independent films from global film festivals that haven’t received theatrical distribution. Every 10 to 14 days, Flix Premiere introduces new movie exclusives, including dramas, comedies, documentaries and animated films. Current titles include the romantic drama Other People’s Children, the science-fiction drama Tourbillion and the crime mystery Mile End. You can peruse other titles now showing, as well as what will be coming soon.
‘Other People’s Children’ trailer:
The service also offers what it calls the “Red Carpet experience at home” with behind-the-scenes footage, cast and production interviews.
To watch any given film on Flix Premiere, you must purchase a $4.99 ticket, which provides 48-hour access to that title.
- Soup’s On - February 16, 2018
- Revry’s Funny or Die - February 15, 2018
- Shows for Preschoolers - February 15, 2018
- Grifters and Drifters - February 14, 2018
- PBS Is Most Trusted - February 13, 2018
- MoviePass’ Sweeter Deal? - February 12, 2018
- ‘Swipe Right’ on YouTube - February 12, 2018
- Star-Crossed Streamers - February 9, 2018
- Monday Blues - February 9, 2018
- ‘Am I Black Enough?’ - February 8, 2018