Capturing Everest, a four-part series documenting an ascent on the world’s tallest mountain by an amputee and two other Americans, has debuted in 360-degree video on Time Inc.’s SI.com and in virtual reality via Time’s Life VR app. Each episode is under 10 minutes long.
The Time corporate synergy also finds the climb — which happened a full year ago — as the cover story in this week’s Sports Illustrated magazine. The issue features images – including the cover shot — which Life VR users can turn into videos through scans from their smartphones.
To watch Capturing Everest in 360 video, which allows non-immersible navigation in all directions, go to si.com/capturing-everest or download the Life VR app for iOS or Android and stream without a headset. Adding a cardboard headset, which you can buy for as little as $7 from Google or even make on your own, brings in the full VR experience. The Life VR app is also available for HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Samsung Gear.
- Isn’t it Snowmantic? - November 24, 2017
- ThanksStreaming Day - November 22, 2017
- David Cassidy, 1950-2017 - November 22, 2017
- Mubi, Curiosity On VRV - November 21, 2017
- ‘November Criminals’ - November 21, 2017
- Dockery Goes ‘Godless’ - November 20, 2017
- Antenna’s Bunkers Binge - November 20, 2017
- The ‘Messiah’ is Coming - November 17, 2017
- A Second Beatification - November 17, 2017
- Interactive Sitcom - November 16, 2017