Capturing Everest, a four-part series documenting an ascent on the world’s tallest mountain by an amputee and two other Americans, has debuted in 360-degree video on Time Inc.’s SI.com and in virtual reality via Time’s Life VR app. Each episode is under 10 minutes long.
The Time corporate synergy also finds the climb — which happened a full year ago — as the cover story in this week’s Sports Illustrated magazine. The issue features images – including the cover shot — which Life VR users can turn into videos through scans from their smartphones.
To watch Capturing Everest in 360 video, which allows non-immersible navigation in all directions, go to si.com/capturing-everest or download the Life VR app for iOS or Android and stream without a headset. Adding a cardboard headset, which you can buy for as little as $7 from Google or even make on your own, brings in the full VR experience. The Life VR app is also available for HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Samsung Gear.
- FloSports Goes Bowling - June 22, 2018
- Punjabi in ‘Next of Kin’ - June 21, 2018
- Dicks on Wheels - June 20, 2018
- Trapped in the 1970s! - June 19, 2018
- Honoring ‘Father Brown’ - June 18, 2018
- Look Who’s Carpooling! - June 15, 2018
- Back to ‘The Ranch’ - June 15, 2018
- Color Classics Launches - June 14, 2018
- ‘Graves’ Demons Return - June 13, 2018
- ‘Lust’ on Netflix Friday - June 13, 2018