Capturing Everest, a four-part series documenting an ascent on the world’s tallest mountain by an amputee and two other Americans, has debuted in 360-degree video on Time Inc.’s SI.com and in virtual reality via Time’s Life VR app. Each episode is under 10 minutes long.
The Time corporate synergy also finds the climb — which happened a full year ago — as the cover story in this week’s Sports Illustrated magazine. The issue features images – including the cover shot — which Life VR users can turn into videos through scans from their smartphones.
To watch Capturing Everest in 360 video, which allows non-immersible navigation in all directions, go to si.com/capturing-everest or download the Life VR app for iOS or Android and stream without a headset. Adding a cardboard headset, which you can buy for as little as $7 from Google or even make on your own, brings in the full VR experience. The Life VR app is also available for HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Samsung Gear.
- Depardieu’s ‘Marseilles’ - February 21, 2018
- The Zen of Streaming - February 21, 2018
- ‘The Stall’ on Amazon - February 20, 2018
- A Primer on BLK Prime - February 19, 2018
- Israeli Self-Defense - February 19, 2018
- Philip Glass Live - February 16, 2018
- ‘Travel Time with Linda’ - February 16, 2018
- ‘Mozart’ Returns Friday - February 15, 2018
- ‘Stargate Origins’ Today - February 15, 2018
- ‘This Close’ Today - February 14, 2018