Comedy streaming service Seeso will premiere a stand-up special tomorrow, and new seasons of two series in the coming weeks.
Thursday, April 20, marks the debut of Brent Weinbach: Appealing to the Mainstream, a 60-minute stand-up special from a recipient of the Andy Kaufman award. Produced by Comedy Dynamics, the show is promoted as Brent’s attempt “to adjust his quirky personality so that he can fit in with the world around him, which would be valuable to his career as a comedian and entertainer.”
Brent’s website describes his comedy as “weird and stupid and visual and post-modern and random and other stuff.”
How “weird and stupid” is Brent’s comedy? Here’s an appearance on Just for Laughs in 2011:
On May 4, Seeso will premiere the second season of fictional travel show Hidden America with Jonah Ray. Promoted as “a fake travel show where the places are real but the people aren’t,” Jonah will travel to US destinations including Miami, Washington, DC, and Honolulu. Guest stars will include Anthony Bourdain, Joel Hodgson, Yvette Nicole Brown, Janet Varney and Jorge Garcia.
Taste this small sampling of “Eats” from season one of Hidden America:
Finally, on June 1, catch the season premiere of Bajillion Dollar Propertie$, Seeso’s half-hour “semi-scripted comedy with an ensemble of seven real estate agents set against the backdrop of a luxury, cutthroat Los Angeles real estate firm.” Bajillion’s comedic pedigree includes the brains behind such fare as Comedy Bang! Bang!, Reno 911! And Funny or Die Presents. The cast features Dan Ahdoot, Tim Baltz, Ryan Gaul, Mandell Maughan, Tawny Newsome, Drew Tarver, and Paul F. Tompkins as agency owner Dean Rosedragon.
- Stream Streamys Tuesday - September 22, 2017
- ‘Transparent’ Season 4 - September 22, 2017
- Smartphones Control Us - September 21, 2017
- Sean Penn’s Hulu Series - September 21, 2017
- ‘First King of Comedy’ - September 20, 2017
- Gaga Doc on Netflix - September 20, 2017
- VR Event to End Poverty - September 19, 2017
- Jack Johnson Tonight - September 18, 2017
- Streamer Sharing Common - September 18, 2017
- Enduring Racism - September 15, 2017