Freeform, the cable and satellite channel formerly known as ABC Family, is applying its “binge-from-the-start” programming strategy to its new series Famous in Love.
The strategy entails making the entire Famous season available online the same day of its TV channel debut, aka its linear premiere, which is tonight, April 18, at 9 pm ET. Hulu subscribers will be able to binge-watch Famous in Love, as will cable/telco/satellite subscribers through the Freeform app, online at Freeform.com, or On Demand.
Freeform initially used this programming approach with its series Beyond by launching a full season binge on its digital platforms. The channel claims the show has generated “more than 13 million starts across digital platforms to date, with 87% of bingers finishing the series within one week.”
Famous in Love, based on Rebecca Serle’s novel of the same name, “follows ordinary college student Paige,” played by The Duff’s Bella Thorne, “as she gets her big break after auditioning for the starring role in a Hollywood blockbuster. She must now navigate her new star-studded life and the highs and lows that come with being the new ‘It Girl’ in town as well as balancing her college workload.”
The series also stars The Following’s Carter Jenkins, The Amazing Spiderman’s Charlie Depew, CSI’s Georgie Flores, My Stepdaughter’s Niki Koss, The Fosters’ Pepi Sonuga, Straight Outta Compton’s Keith Powers, and Entourage’s Perrey Reeves.
- More Momoa - November 24, 2017
- Barbra and Spike - November 22, 2017
- Jesus Live TV - November 22, 2017
- Shatner’s Back - November 21, 2017
- Coalition Sues Hulu - November 21, 2017
- Dick’s ‘Electric Dreams’ - November 20, 2017
- A G-Dragon Thanksgiving - November 20, 2017
- ‘StartUp’ In 3rd Round - November 17, 2017
- Haunted House-sitting - November 17, 2017
- Stream ‘Too Many Stars’ - November 16, 2017