More than a decade since Weeds began its eight-season run on Showtime, the pot industry has changed a bit. So maybe it’s time for another pot-centric sitcom – namely East Coast Grow, premiering Saturday, April 22, on its own website.
Whereas the main character of Weeds was a west coast mom engaged in illegal activity, East Coast Grow focuses on industry professionals in Washington, DC, which has legalized recreational cannabis use.
‘East Coast Grow’ trailer:
“This is an incredible opportunity to show what happens when an underground industry suddenly becomes legitimized, and to explore the real-life challenges that go on behind the scenes in the cannabis industry,” explained writer/director Amy Tasillo.
The number of half-hour episodes in East Coast Grow‘s first season was not revealed in the series’ press release, but they are promised weekly through May. You can start watching April 22 on www.eastcoastgrow.tv.
Original ‘Weeds’ trailer:
- Tale of Two Sitcoms - September 21, 2017
- UN Peace Day Broadcast - September 20, 2017
- High Holy Days Online - September 20, 2017
- Baldwin’s Philharmonic - September 19, 2017
- Hispanic Heritage Docs - September 19, 2017
- ‘Doc Martin’ Thursday - September 18, 2017
- Entertale’s Africa Tale - September 18, 2017
- ‘Origin of Everything’ - September 15, 2017
- Ellen Shows Us More - September 15, 2017
- Netflix Gets Coben - September 14, 2017