Netflix will serve a second helping of its dark comedy series Santa Clarita Diet.
The series, which stars Justified’s Timothy Olyphant and Blended’s Drew Barrymore, starts production on a second season this summer. The second season will debut in 2018.
Diet, a whimsical marriage of the zombie, cannibalism and real estate genres, premiered in February with 10 episodes. Olyphant and Barrymore play husband and wife realtors, Joel and Sheila Hammond, who are stuck in a personal rut until “Sheila goes through a dramatic change sending their lives down a road of death and destruction … but in a good way.”
The cast also includes Liv Hewson as the couple’s daughter, Abby, and Skylar Gisondo as Eric Bemis.
You can watch the first season now with a Netflix subscription.
Or if you’d simply prefer a quick taste of the Santa Clarita Diet, there’s this:
- Hulu’s ‘The Other Guy’ - June 22, 2018
- Gig Economy Comedy - June 21, 2018
- ‘Luke Cage’ is Back - June 21, 2018
- ‘Stargate Origins’ Movie - June 20, 2018
- Are You A True Believer? - June 19, 2018
- Feel the Farce - June 19, 2018
- Prime ‘Damages’ - June 18, 2018
- Two ‘Angry Birds’ - June 15, 2018
- Streaming Bourdain - June 14, 2018
- Lucy Liu RomCom - June 14, 2018