Netflix will serve a second helping of its dark comedy series Santa Clarita Diet.
The series, which stars Justified’s Timothy Olyphant and Blended’s Drew Barrymore, starts production on a second season this summer. The second season will debut in 2018.
Diet, a whimsical marriage of the zombie, cannibalism and real estate genres, premiered in February with 10 episodes. Olyphant and Barrymore play husband and wife realtors, Joel and Sheila Hammond, who are stuck in a personal rut until “Sheila goes through a dramatic change sending their lives down a road of death and destruction … but in a good way.”
The cast also includes Liv Hewson as the couple’s daughter, Abby, and Skylar Gisondo as Eric Bemis.
You can watch the first season now with a Netflix subscription.
Or if you’d simply prefer a quick taste of the Santa Clarita Diet, there’s this:
- Soup’s On - February 16, 2018
- Revry’s Funny or Die - February 15, 2018
- Shows for Preschoolers - February 15, 2018
- Grifters and Drifters - February 14, 2018
- PBS Is Most Trusted - February 13, 2018
- MoviePass’ Sweeter Deal? - February 12, 2018
- ‘Swipe Right’ on YouTube - February 12, 2018
- Star-Crossed Streamers - February 9, 2018
- Monday Blues - February 9, 2018
- ‘Am I Black Enough?’ - February 8, 2018