Netflix will serve a second helping of its dark comedy series Santa Clarita Diet.
The series, which stars Justified’s Timothy Olyphant and Blended’s Drew Barrymore, starts production on a second season this summer. The second season will debut in 2018.
Diet, a whimsical marriage of the zombie, cannibalism and real estate genres, premiered in February with 10 episodes. Olyphant and Barrymore play husband and wife realtors, Joel and Sheila Hammond, who are stuck in a personal rut until “Sheila goes through a dramatic change sending their lives down a road of death and destruction … but in a good way.”
The cast also includes Liv Hewson as the couple’s daughter, Abby, and Skylar Gisondo as Eric Bemis.
You can watch the first season now with a Netflix subscription.
Or if you’d simply prefer a quick taste of the Santa Clarita Diet, there’s this:
- Stream Streamys Tuesday - September 22, 2017
- ‘Transparent’ Season 4 - September 22, 2017
- Smartphones Control Us - September 21, 2017
- Sean Penn’s Hulu Series - September 21, 2017
- ‘First King of Comedy’ - September 20, 2017
- Gaga Doc on Netflix - September 20, 2017
- VR Event to End Poverty - September 19, 2017
- Jack Johnson Tonight - September 18, 2017
- Streamer Sharing Common - September 18, 2017
- Enduring Racism - September 15, 2017