Hulu is vastly expanding its library of Spanish-language programming thanks to new multi-year agreements with Telemundo, owned by NBCUniversal, and Sony Pictures Television.
The Telemundo deal means the addition of hundreds of episodes from popular telenovelas, films and other shows. All past episodes of hit series La Reina del Sur, Celia and Bajo El Mismo Cielo are now available, and all of Tierra de Reyes and La Patrona will debut April 15.
The Sony agreement will bring such telenovelas and teleseries as Doña Bárbara and Lady, La Vendendora de Rosas; the comedy series Los Beltran; and crime dramas El Mariachi (not to be confused with the 1993 film of the same name, mentioned below), Metastasis (a Colombian remake of AMC’s Breaking Bad), and En la Boca del Lobo.
In addition, Hulu now offers such Sony films as El Mariachi and The Secret in Their Eyes, as well as nine of director Pedro Almodóvar’s films, including The Skin I Live In, Woman on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, All About My Mother, Bad Education, Broken Embraces, Talk to Her and Law of Desire.
Hulu has two subscription options: a $7.99 monthly plan, with limited commercials; and a $11.99 monthly ad-free plan.
- Soup’s On - February 16, 2018
- Revry’s Funny or Die - February 15, 2018
- Shows for Preschoolers - February 15, 2018
- Grifters and Drifters - February 14, 2018
- PBS Is Most Trusted - February 13, 2018
- MoviePass’ Sweeter Deal? - February 12, 2018
- ‘Swipe Right’ on YouTube - February 12, 2018
- Star-Crossed Streamers - February 9, 2018
- Monday Blues - February 9, 2018
- ‘Am I Black Enough?’ - February 8, 2018